Wednesday, April 24, 2013

What I Have Learned About Coupons

I am not a coupon expert. What I know I have learned in the last few months, but I have discovered a few tricks.
 
Coupon Stacking: using both a store and manufacturer on the same item. For example Downey is $4.00. I had a Target $1.00 off coupon and a manufacturer $1.00 off coupon. So I paid $2.00 for it.
 
Three at a Time: Most places will allow you to use 3 like coupons. Meaning if you have three coupons for 25 cents off a toothbrush, you can purchase three toothbrushes during the same visit.
 
Rewards cards: Most grocery stores have rewards cards,that they will scan at the register for savings. Many of them also have websites that you can load digital coupons to your rewards card. The savings come off automatically when you card is scanned.
 
Double Coupons: Some stores offer double and triple coupons. Some of them only offer this during special promotions. Check with your store to see what their policy is. Fry's (the local Kroger chain) makes all paper coupons under $1.00 valued at a $1.00 Example, coupon for 25 cents off of paper towels is $1.00 off. This is great for when things are on sale for a dollar. I often walk out with free items.
 
Stores can change their policies at any time, so be sure to stay up to date on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment